Drumquin (Irish: Droim Caoin ) is a small village in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, between Omagh and Castlederg. It is situated on the banks of the Drumquin River (Fairywater) and had a population of 291 people in the 2001 Census. The village is largely dependent on farming for its economy. Areas of great natural beauty, such as Sloughan Glen, are to be found in the surrounding countryside. Drumquin is situated in the Omagh District Council area.
It has a rich and varied historical legacy with a Neolithic stone circle, a Holy Well, and the Giant's Stone on Dooish Mountain.
The name Drumquin means Pleasant Ridge. Its original form is Druim-Chuinn, or Conn’s Ridge possibly indicating relation in the former times to some of the great Chieftains of the house of Niall, or O’Neill that held sway in the territory of Tyrone for around 1,000 years. Other competent authorities however, say that the original form of the name was Drumkeen, or Pleasant Ridge, which harmonises well with the early characteristics of the locality. As can be seen from the above translations, the name Drumquin is Gaelic as are the parish names of Langfield and the multitude of town land names which get many kinds of amusing renderings from newly installed parish priests, ministers and officials.
The population of the area does not present the same homogeneity as the place names, for the people are a mixture of Gaelic and Planter stock, with a reputation for neighbourliness and harmonious relations. Those who are acquainted with the works of the noted Irish writer Benedict Kiely will be aware of his many references to the Drumquin district, with which he has family connections on his mothers side. In 1802, the countryside around Drumquin was described as one continuous scene of dreary mountains. However, the traveller did point out that forty years before that a rich coalmine had been opened at Drumquin and a canal opened to transport the coal. Drumquin has been in existence since 1211. Sir John Davies founded the village itself in 1617, and the same gentleman built Castle Curlews, later called Castle Kirlish, the remains of which can be seen in the town land of that name. His agent was a man called Bradley, one of whose family was responsible in later times for the building of the fine stone house, which is a feature of the village today. It is interesting to note that Castle Kirlish was joined to Castlederg Castle by a straight causeway, which was seven miles long. Traces of this causeway could still be observed in 1837.
Felix Kearney immortalised this area with songs such as "The Hills Above Drumquin" and others.
 See also
Coordinates: 54°37'N, 7°30'W